Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Sue Anderson's Birthday today - RIP

My mom would have been 73 years old today. I always remember the year because she used to say that it took 4 days for the effect of her birth to reach Hawaii. I guess it was her way of remembering one of the biggest events to happen during her lifetime, the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

I remember sitting in class at school one day and the teacher mentioned the date of the bombing of Pearl Harbor and I had an epiphany. I remember thinking, "My mom's 40 years old!" At that age, 40 seemed old and a long ways away.

She's been gone for twenty years but I still miss her and wish she was around to see her grandchildren.

If you knew Sue, my mom, would you respond to this post and tell a short story about her or something that you remember about her?

2 comments:

  1. There are so many things I loved about Mrs. Anderson!! She had a wonderful voice. All the times our families spent together. Care and share time. Riding in the old VW van. Tons of memories. Happy Heavenly birthday Mrs. Anderson!!
    ~Sonja Johnson Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is very special to me also. I remember driving you and your sister around in our VW van. What a great memory.

    Thank you for your kinds words. My mom loved to sing and was always active in the choir and music specials.

    ReplyDelete