Sunday, August 12, 2012

My Dad Called Today (8-11-12)

Yep! It's been many, many years since he's been able to call and in the past he had to do it collect. Now the prison has set up a way for a prisoner to use a phone card from an account to call. It costs him $1.20 to connect and $.30 a minute.

Is it just me or are dad's intimidating? I just felt uneasy talking with him on the phone. It could be that we just don't have a close relationship. Also, he has certain ideas that I just have not addressed because I'd just rather not address it or let him down.

First, he wrote a harmony of the Gospels years ago that he just thinks is the greatest thing and he uses it in prison and he's been working on trying to get it printed. He keeps asking what people think about it, especially family. He probably thinks I've read it but I haven't. I've sent it electronically to family and he thinks he'll get great reviews from them but they've never responded about it and I've never asked.

Second, he thinks I've been calling the Dept. of Corrections to get him moved closer. I have not because when I wrote about it a couple years ago they told me it didn't work that way. I'd like him closer but I've not gone out of my way to make it happen.

Third, he thinks he'll get out at 75 years old, in about seven years. I believe he's wrong and according to the AZ DOC, I'm right but I'm not going to tell him.

Fourth, I just have mixed feelings. He talks about prayer and Aria's healing and religious things, and I believe he's sincere, but it just seems odd to me coming from him. He acts like a father figure and other things that he's not been for years.

Fifth, when I have told him things, he starts giving unwanted advice.

There may be more but I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment