Thursday, April 19, 2012

more TCA memories

I remember the trips to National and Regional competitions around AZ, CA, & to SC. The best weeks of school was the first week in September when we’d go to the campgrounds in Payson to kick off the school year and Spirit Week in January. Our Senior Trip to CA was also a blast.

I remember fondly Mrs. Henry as the school principal. One of my teacher’s was a single parent with two children our age and she used to tell us of her time in Hawaii. She was a little different. I remember one of our teachers used to give swimming lessons during the summer at his house. I did my first back-flip there. I believe it was my fourth grade teacher that had a yellow car with a bumble bee sticker on side window. I remember one English teacher talking about kittens and microwaves. He only lasted one semester but he was the most effective English teacher I had. I remember one teacher who was extremely brilliant and talented but an ineffective teacher. If you could get him telling jokes, it was a waste of a class period. It was also the year of the Rubik’s Cube and he would have competitions in class of who could solve it the quickest. I remember one teacher telling us tricks to play as students and us going to the next class to try them out. I remember a very intelligent single woman with bad halitosis teaching us math and then seeing her meet and marry a cowboy who was going to college at IBC.

There are so many great memories of so many teachers, numerous fellow students, and loads of school activities. I know things weren’t perfect but we had good teachers and lots of friends. From my view inside the “bubble” that I lived, I thought life was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment