Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Moving to Arizona

I don’t know the timeframe but my dad found out that my future mom had moved to Arizona and working at Tri-City Baptist Church (TCBC) as the church secretary. It was a brand new church that Pastor James Singleton and a handful of people started in a home in Tempe, Az. Over the course of time, my dad started dating Sue. I assume that we made several trips to Az but I don’t know and I’ve never asked my parents the details. I was told that when my mom agreed to marry my dad it was with the condition that we move to Az.

My dad and mom married on October 3, 1971. My parents were married for 23 years until my mom died of unnatural causes in October of ’94. But that’s another story that I will tell at a different time.

This move to Tempe, Az was the beginning of the rest of my childhood where I would spend six to seven days a week on the campus of Tri-City, either going to school, church, or an activity related to one or the other. I have some very fond memories of this place and have some lifelong friends that I’ll never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment