Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I Samuel 3

This morning I was listening to I Samuel. When I heard the story of God speaking to Samuel in the temple when he was a little boy, I wished that happened or would happen to me. The privilege of God personally talking with you, as an individual, an actual conversation. That's just awesome to me.

I understand that we have things a lot better now with the Holy Spirit dwelling in us and having the written Word of God in our hands. Having God's "letter" to us is awesome. Him talking to us to let us know who He is. Always having Him able to talk with us through His Word is better than what it says in I Samuel 3:1, ..and the word of the Lord was rare in those days; there was no frequent vision."

Even though things are better now because of God's Word and I wouldn't want to go back to a time when God was not speaking to His people, I'm still envious of those that God spoke to personally, like Adam and Eve in the Garden, Moses and the burning bush, the mountain, & his personal tent, and Samuel, among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment