Friday, May 4, 2012

TCBC - AWANA


I enjoyed AWANA. We had ours every Tuesday night during the mid-week service. We would have our group meeting with time of saying our memorized verses, game time around the AWANA circle, and a Bible time. 
Most of us did not do a lot of memory work until it came time to get ready for the AWANA Olympics and then we were required to be to a certain point in our books. Most of us would get to that part and then quit. There were a few exceptions like Robbie and Scott. Sad to say, I never completed a book. 
Our AWANA circle was painted on the blacktop of the parking lot and that is where we would play the AWANA games and also practice for the Olympics. When it came time to do the Olympics we were at a disadvantage due to lack of experience on gym room flooring but we still did very well during the games and came away with a lot of trophies. In any of the tug-a-war games, I was usually the anchor of the group. I tended to be heavier and stronger than my classmates.
I know there are pros and cons for everything but for me, it was great.  

No comments:

Post a Comment