Tuesday, May 1, 2012

TCBC

 I was about 4 ½ years old when I started attending TCBC (Tri-City Baptist Church). My dad, sister and I moved from CA when my dad married my mom, Sue. TCBC was meeting in someone else’s church on Southern Rd in Tempe, Az. I’m not sure of the timeline but sometime that year or the next year TCBC built a building on 7 acres of land at the corner of Southern and Price in Tempe, AZ.  It was another 10 years or so when they bought the adjoining 2 acres of land.
For the next 15 years, this is where I spent most of my life. I went to church every time the doors were open (SS, Sunday morning and evening, mid-week service on Tuesdays, every week-long evangelistic and/or revival meetings, missionary conferences, and everything in-between). On top of all the church activities, I went to TCA, one of the ministries of TCBC. So, between church and school, I was on that campus six to seven days a week from the age of 4½ to 20 years old, from kindergarten to 12th grade and my first two years of college at IBC (International Baptist College), another ministry of TCBC that came along in 1981.
I have a LOT of fond memories at TCBC and I’ll be sharing some of them. My time there shaped my entire life, whether for good or bad, but I wouldn’t change it. It was not a perfect place and I know plenty of mistakes were made but while growing up I always felt that TCBC was trying to honor God in all that it did. I have and will always have a great respect for Pastor James Singleton, the founder and my pastor for many, many years. There are many, many others past and present at TCBC that I also admire and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment