Monday, May 21, 2012

“BJU, Here We Come” – Well, Almost


When I was in sixth grade, my dad decided that we were going to move to Greenville, SC. He was going to attend BJU and we were going to go to Bob Jones Academy. I remember telling everybody at school and church, which in my circles would have been mostly the same people. I was so sure we were going that you can imagine the surprise and even my disappointment when I showed up for seventh grade at TCA. 

I don’t know why we didn’t move. I just know that one day preparations were being made to move and the next we were staying put. I wonder how my life would have turned out differently. For one thing, I’d probably be a BJU graduate, in the ministry somewhere and probably spouting off the party line. I’m glad we stayed put. I was able to stay with my friends and I believe I received a better education and my life experiences have been more diversified than they would have been if my family had become a part of BJU.

No comments:

Post a Comment