Friday, May 4, 2012

An Addition to the Family


In May of 1973, my dad and new mom brought home a baby little girl. According to my mom, she said she tried to get us interested in why she was getting bigger and tried to prepare us for the little one but she said that my sister and I weren’t interested. I have no idea why. 
I know she’d be called a half-sister but I never thought of her that way. She is my sister and I love her with all my heart.
My mom had a difficult pregnancy and due to complications lost the “equipment” necessary to conceive more children.  As children, we never understood that and I don’t think they ever really explained it because I kept wishing and I know I said several times that I wished mom would have another child and that it would be a boy. I always wanted a brother. It wasn’t until later that I finally understood that it was impossible for her to have more.

No comments:

Post a Comment